Re: [lmap] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lmap-framework-05.txt

<philip.eardley@bt.com> Wed, 21 May 2014 22:10 UTC

From: philip.eardley@bt.com
To: gregimirsky@gmail.com, lmap@ietf.org, draft-ietf-lmap-framework@tools.ietf.org
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 23:09:55 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Subject: Re: [lmap] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lmap-framework-05.txt

Greg,
thanks for the reading!

must vs MUST
initial LMAP work vs for future study

suggest leave both of these issues for the AD /IESG / RFC editor to see what they prefer.

configuration - thanks for spotting, sorry this is my error. it should be something that the Control protocol does.

definition of active measurement method & task. perhaps this could be honed. would like to understand your comment about "coordination is optional" a bit better.
 an active measurement task involves the MA measuring traffic that's been sent by (*) another MA, or a measurement peer. (*) or received from.  there needs to be some kind of coordination to arrange for this traffic to be sent. is the problem that the current words could be read to imply that the coordination must be directly between the MAs, whereas it could be that the controller sends a task/schedule instruction to one MA and a report instruction to another MA (as in example A3 in the appendix)?

thanks
phil