[Lsr] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-14: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 08 June 2020 06:00 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse@ietf.org, lsr-chairs@ietf.org, lsr@ietf.org, Acee Lindem <acee@cisco.com>, Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.qu@futurewei.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 23:00:55 -0700
Subject: [Lsr] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-14: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/

COMMENT:

Three main things from me:

(1) I found I'm in agreement below with some of the points raised in the posted
OPSDIR review.  Please give that another once-over.

(2) A grammatical point: I think nearly every instance in this document of
"which" should be replaced by "that".

(3) In Section 12.3.3, I don't think it's appropriate to use MUST-type language
to constrain future document authors.

And now, my nit-storm:

Section 1:
* "... attribute advertisements - examples of which ..." -- hyphen should be a
comma * "... for a link that is not enabled for RSV-TE." -- s/RSV/RSVP/ * "...
path via that link it will result ..." -- comma after "link"

Section 3:
* Please define, or provide a reference for, "GMPLS".

Section 4.1:
* "... not inspected by OSPF, that acts as ..." -- s/that/which instead/

Section 5:
* Several changes to this paragraph suggested:
OLD:
   On top of advertising the link attributes for standardized
   applications, link attributes can be advertised for the purpose of
   application that is not defined as standardized one.  We call such
   application a user defined application.  What such application might
   be is not subject to the standardization and is outside of the scope
   of this specification.
NEW:
   On top of advertising the link attributes for standardized
   applications, link attributes can be advertised for the purpose of
   applications that are not standardized.  We call such an
   application a "User Defined Application" or "UDA".  These applications are
   not subject to standardization and are outside of the scope
   of this specification.

* Is the snapshot of the current content of the Link Attribute Application
Identifier Registry needed?  The rest of the document doesn't seem to reference
it. * "... to advertise all UDAs." -- although it's fairly clear at this point
what a UDA is, I suggest defining it somewhere above, maybe by hanging it off
one of the other places where the full name is used such as in the paragraph
above

Section 6.1:
* Please expand "IPFRR" on first use.

Section 6.2:
* "All these can be used ..." -- s/All/All of/

Section 11:
* "- e.g.  RSVP-TE -" -- comma after "e.g."
* "... one need to make sure ..." -- s/need/needs/
* "... applications, where the enablement ..." -- remove comma
* "... such application - e.g.  LFA." -- change to "such application.  An
example of this is LFA."

Section 12.3.4:
* "Link attributes that are NOT allowed  ..." -- s/NOT/not/