Re: [Lsr] Thoughts on the area proxy and flood reflector drafts.

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Wed, 10 June 2020 00:46 UTC

From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 20:46:47 -0400
Cc: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
To: lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Thoughts on the area proxy and flood reflector drafts.

Hi,

Given that the flood reflector authors have asked the chairs to do a call for adoption, might someone from that group be able to talk to a couple of the points/questions from my mail? I think it would help me (and maybe others) in making informed responses to any adoption call.

- Is this proposing to add "virtual links" to IS-IS (in addition to the flood reflector part)?

- Is there a general-purpose non-complex non-tunneling solution possible?

Thanks,
Chris.
[as WG member]