Re: [Lsr] Using IS-IS Multi-Topology (MT) for Segment Routing basedVirtual Transport Network

"xiechf@chinatelecom.cn" <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn> Thu, 02 April 2020 03:57 UTC

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:56:54 +0800
From: "xiechf@chinatelecom.cn" <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn>
To: Gyan Mishra <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, Tony Przygienda <tonysietf@gmail.com>
Cc: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>, "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, Peter Psenak <ppsenak=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, lsr <lsr@ietf.org>, "peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Using IS-IS Multi-Topology (MT) for Segment Routing basedVirtual Transport Network

Gyan,
Thanks a lot for your review and comments. I agree with your summary of the basic concept in enhanced VPN framework draft. It is about the integration of overlay and a subset of underlay network topology and resource to provide the required service connectivity and performance assurance.

Source routing with current SR-MPLS or SRv6 is one important feature to achieve service path customization, and the color based matching of services to SR policy is useful in general. While performance assurance requires additional capability such as resource management and reservation on paths or virtual networks used for different services. I think existing SR mechanism needs to be enhanced to support resource awareness and provide resource guaranteed SR paths or virtual networks. These are described in draft-dong-spring-sr-enhanced-vpn. You can also review it if you like.

Thanks.

Chongfeng