Re: [Lsr] Is it necessary to define new PUB/SUB model to monitor the node live?

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Tue, 29 March 2022 03:35 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>, 'Tony Li' <tony.li@tony.li>
Cc: 'Aijun Wang' <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn>, 'lsr' <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 09:40:07 +0800
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Is it necessary to define new PUB/SUB model to monitor the node live?

Hi, Robert:

Let’s don’t make the conclusion in hurry.

I think you should know the application scenarios for such unreachable information is not only for BGP services, but also for the tunnel services(for example, SRv6 loose-path routing).

For the latter scenario, the P node on the path should know the status of other P node on the path, which is located in other areas.

Then, NLP like approach will also result in ALL NODES within the areas needs to register such information, and the failures of one nodes will be sent to all the register.

What’s the difference with the IGP flooding mechanism then?

Best Regards

Aijun Wang

China Telecom