[Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-06.txt

Aijun Wang <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn> Fri, 26 March 2021 06:42 UTC

Sender: wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn
From: Aijun Wang <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn>
To: acee@cisco.com
Cc: lsr@ietf.org, lsr-chairs@ietf.org, 'draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement' <draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:42:28 +0800
Subject: [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-06.txt

Hi, Acee :

After presenting this idea several times on the IETF meetings, and discussed also several rounds on the mailing list, we think it is time to begin the WG adoption call on this idea.
Alternate solutions to the scenarios described in this draft are also welcome.

The update for this draft is mainly in section 7 "Deployment Considerations", which describes the following information:
1. Which node should be upgraded to support the PUA to accomplish the task.(ABRs and related PEs need to support this features.)
2. How to limit the advertisement of unnecessary PUA message?(ABR can configure the protected prefixes)
3. How long the PUA message will be advertised?(Last for a configurable period to allow the service on the failed prefixes switchover)
4. Will PUA announce for the non-used inactive prefixes within the summary range?(No, ABR will only advertise the PUA message when the prefix status is changed from active to down)

Are the above updates addresses your concerns for this draft?
If so, we would like to ask for the WG adoption call. If not, would you like to raise it within the mailing list, and we will try to address them to forward this draft.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Aijun Wang
China Telecom