Re: closing of WG LC for ERS/SCVP next week on Dec-11

"todd glassey" <tglassey@earthlink.net> Wed, 05 December 2007 23:33 UTC

From: todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net>
To: Tobias Gondrom <tgondrom@opentext.com>, ietf-ltans@imc.org
Subject: Re: closing of WG LC for ERS/SCVP next week on Dec-11
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:20:03 -0800
Sender: owner-ietf-ltans@mail.imc.org

closing of WG LC for ERS/SCVP next week on Dec-11Tobias, the problem is that here in the US there are new and very formal hurdles for Long Term Document Storage and these are per the US Court Standard set in a case called "Lorraine v. Markel", and these now constrain the use of any "electronic media" storage technology, and whether ANY of us like this or not, this standard is IN FORCE and will be in force for the foreseeable future making the design of a protocol to support long term document archiving a key piece of any and all such public companies operations.

The reality here is that LTANS was given a guarantee on its deployment if it will embrace and meet these standards, and if not the adoption of LTANS will become a pariah in my opinion since company's will not be able to rely on protocols which do not allow them to meet their new digital evidence needs.

It is for that reason I suggest adding another I-D on Digital Evidence Compliance to the WG's Deliverables.

I will be filing a prototype for this if the WG is interested sometime early next week but I want to know up front that this is not a wasted effort as I am pretty busy now.

Todd Glassey CISM CIFI
CTO Wireless-Time.COM