RE: [Ltru] Re: revised editor's copy online

"Addison Phillips" <addison.phillips@quest.com> Thu, 04 August 2005 13:25 UTC

Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: revised editor's copy online
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:25:02 -0700
From: Addison Phillips <addison.phillips@quest.com>
To: Kent Karlsson <kentk@cs.chalmers.se>, Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
Cc: ltru@ietf.org
Sender: ltru-bounces@lists.ietf.org

> not quite the right place for it). (And the current DTD required a "year",
> which is written after the title, so I put the edition number as "year".)

Please note that the DTD requires a <date> element whose attributes (day, month, and year) must be numeric values with a specific length. That is, the "year" must be a four digit year such as 2005 and cannot be a string such as "first edition".

> Nobody has commented on that ISO 3166 (without parts) is outdated
> (withdrawn), and that the current parts 1 and 3 may be what should
> be referenced.

In fixing draft-registry I have repaired this (I used the ISO website to get the dates, titles, and numbers correct). A power outage has prevented me from finalizing this, but now (as you can see) the bits are flowing.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.