Re: [Ltru] IESG Telechat Results

r&d afrac <rd@afrac.org> Thu, 13 October 2005 21:54 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:19:35 +0200
To: Scott Hollenbeck <sah@428cobrajet.net>, ltru@ietf.org
From: r&d afrac <rd@afrac.org>
Subject: Re: [Ltru] IESG Telechat Results
Sender: ltru-bounces@ietf.org

At 18:36 13/10/2005, Scott Hollenbeck wrote:
>We just finished the IESG evaluation discussion.  Michelle Cotton of IANA
>still has some questions that might require clarifying text changes.  She
>says she'll get back to us before tomorrow.  Nothing else came up.
>
>On the BCP vs. PS discussion, the IESG felt that BCP is appropriate.  I'll
>need to add some text to the ballot write-up noting the need for the
>matching document to completely obsolete 3066; the net effect may be that
>these documents get held up in the RFC Editor queue until the matching draft
>catches up.
>
>Once we have things cleared up with Michelle it'll be OK to submit -14.
>I'll then be able to approve the documents.

Dear Scott,
Thank you to let me know the starting date for appeal and Justice
actions. Specially in BCP case?

Dear all,
This most probably closes my WG-ltru duty and starts the IESG and IAB
appeals and international and political periods.

For reasons I will not review I consider your RFC 3066 bis as an IETF
declaration of war on cultures, in full awareness after the IDNA
failure. I needed it to be clear to all (exposing who is behind and
why), clean (not leaking and definitely opposing or supporting our
fully documented users positions and SSDOs documented  needs) and in
best time (May or now). Not to add confusion on warmonging.

I would certainly have preferred this to be a courteous, professional
and fast common work, as I proposed it. I accept the aggressivity I
met was a patch for missing answers in front of the changes ahead I
represented. I learned how to trigger the WG and obtained all what I wanted.

I am sorry for Addison, full of respect for Mark and friendly to
Peter (read ISO 11179-3 Part 6). Harald plaid his part so well. I
thank those who understood/agreed it was our common interest I took
the flak in their behalf to avoid possible compromises, helping by
private mails/meetings. The world needed an IETF clear cut position,
to support or to by-pass. We obtained it.

There was little hope the IETF would change political sides. I was
the only one who wanted to give it a chance. I lost. Today. I am
stubborn. Tunis will say if it is time saving or delaying.

jfc