RE: [Ltru] some issues

"Debbie Garside" <debbie@ictmarketing.co.uk> Wed, 28 November 2007 22:50 UTC

From: Debbie Garside <debbie@ictmarketing.co.uk>
To: petercon@microsoft.com, ltru@lists.ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Ltru] some issues
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:49:34 -0000

Hi Peter

As you know many of these will be facilitated by ISO 639-6 which will be
submitted for FDIS vote before end of December 2007.  There is scope to
discuss the inclusion of ISO 639-6 within RFC4646bis according to the
charter.

I don't see any harm in having a discussion on this but as far as inclusion
within RFC4646bis is concerned I think publication as IS will be too late;
in any case, I know people here don't want to hold up the inclusion of ISO
639-3.

IMHO, the WG should be rechartered after publication of RFC4646bis to
include ISO 639-6 once published.

Best regards

Debbie

  _____