[Ltru] Re: Update ltru-initial-05 (was RE: Draft-14 ready...)

"Doug Ewell" <dewell@adelphia.net> Sat, 15 October 2005 04:41 UTC

From: Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net>
To: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:40:37 -0700
Subject: [Ltru] Re: Update ltru-initial-05 (was RE: Draft-14 ready...)
Sender: ltru-bounces@ietf.org

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

>> Historically, IANA has moved registries around their site as needed.
>> If you include a URI, you force them to maintain that URI or
>> redirects to an appropriate URI.  I would suggest a pointer to the
>> IANA site instead, since that is likely more stable.
>
> As a contributor...
> I prefer this alternative, particularly since the document is only
> informational.

Somebody please provide the appropriate text, probably for the first
paragraph of Section 3, and I will be glad to paste it in and submit it
as soon as possible.

I note that RFC 3066 specifies only the following for the location of
its registry:  "The IANA registration forms for registered language
codes can be found at http://www.iana.org/numbers.html under
'languages'."  The exact URI is not given, probably for the reasons of
maintainability that Ted mentioned..

The only other changes to draft-initial that I am aware of are:

1.  The usual changes to dates -- document-submitted, document-expires,
and the File-Date and every single Added date within the initial
registry contents.  (Please don't tell me you want those diffs published
to the list!)

2.  The addition of one primary language subtag, as follows:

Type: language
Subtag: rup
Added: 2005-10-14  [or whatever]

Does anyone believe there are more changes that I missed?

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California