[Manet-dt] New WG I-D: Jitter?

Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@computer.org> Wed, 28 March 2007 08:14 UTC

From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@computer.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:13:08 +0200
To: manet-dt@ietf.org
Subject: [Manet-dt] New WG I-D: Jitter?

Folks,

As we discussed on the MANET wg meeting in Prague, we'd like to move
draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt to a WG document, intended for
publication with informational status.

Each of NHDP, SMF, OLSRv2 and DYMO refer to different overlapping
subsets of the jitter considerations (for example, NHDP messages are
1-hop only and thus NHDP does not refer to forwarding jitter, whereas
OLSRv2 has messages beyond 1-hop and, thus, forwarding jitter
considerations apply).

The primary objective in moving the jitter text into its own document
is to allow the other documents (NHDP, SMF, OLSRv2, DYMO) to refer to
one document with coherent jitter considerations, rather than to
replicate text between them or to nominate one protocol as
"container" and have it include jitter considerations which would not
directly be applicable to that protocol.

The authors of draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt feel that this
version is close to finished.

Note that the content of draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt are
generalized from those in RFC3626, and that the exact text in draft-
clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt is currently replicated in both draft-
ietf-manet-nhdp-02 and in draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-03. If you've read
either of these two I-Ds, you've also read what is in draft-clausen-
manet-jitter-01.txt.

--
Thomas Clausen
T.Clausen@Computer.org