[manet] FW: New Version Notification for draft-cole-manet-smf-mib-02

"Cole, Robert G." <Robert.Cole@jhuapl.edu> Sat, 28 February 2009 23:22 UTC

From: "Cole, Robert G." <Robert.Cole@jhuapl.edu>
To: "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:22:30 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [manet] FW: New Version Notification for draft-cole-manet-smf-mib-02

To all:

Joe, Brian, Sean and I posted an update to the MANET-SMF-MIB.  This contained some extensive revisions, including:

+ A CapabilitiesGroup - which allows a net mgmt appl to discover the capabilities of the SMF node, e.g., RSSAs supported

+ Put the reporting functions in a ReportsGroup - we wtill need to identify approapriate statistics to be reported in this group

+ added a number of performance counters related to the DPD functions (based upon Ian's earlier suggestions)

+  Broke out the performance counters by IPv4 and IPv6 ( per Ian's earlier suggestions)

+ Added the IF tables for the performance counters

+ Added tables in the config and state groups related to multicast addresses to be forwarded by the local device (both configured and discovered).

Still have some discussions ahead:

+ The draft still contains a gatewayFilterTable which probably should go elsewhere (e.g., it's own MIB?)
+ We need to fix the conformance sections,; right now it is pretty much of a brute force approach.

Thanks,
Bob