[manet] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 01 May 2019 19:43 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension@ietf.org, Stan Ratliff <sratliff@idirect.net>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, manet-chairs@ietf.org, sratliff@idirect.net, manet@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 12:43:03 -0700
Subject: [manet] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension/

COMMENT:

Thank you for writing this -- I learnt a bunch while reading it.

I have a few minor comments:
1: "This document refers to forwarding by intermediate modems as 'multi-hop
forwarding'.  example using . DLEP Destination messages" There is a random ".
exmaple using ." in the above.

2: "The Hop Count Data Item is used by a modem to indicate the number of modem
that transmits/sends data to reach a particular destination, ..." This is
really hard to parse - I think you need "number of modem*s*" and
s/transmits/transmit/". Or, perhaps something like "The Hop Count Data Item is
used by a modem to indicate the number of modems that data will transit to
reach ..."?

3: Question: "The data item also contains an indication of when a destination
which currently has a hop count of greater than one (1) could be made directly
reachable by a modem, e.g., by re-aiming an antenna." -- how can a modem know
this? Unless it knows physically where a destination is, what the antenna
information is, what objects might be between the antenna and destination
exist, etc I cannot see how this might work -- but, then again, I know very
little about this technology, so I'm happy to be educated...

4: IANA is likely to have questions about "Hop Control Actions Registry", like
what the registration policy is, etc...