RE: [manet] Wi Max?

"Carlos H. Rentel" <crentel@sce.carleton.ca> Thu, 28 October 2004 12:57 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:50:45 -0400
From: "Carlos H. Rentel" <crentel@sce.carleton.ca>
To: Rex Buddenberg <budden@nps.navy.mil>
Subject: RE: [manet] Wi Max?
Cc: manet@ietf.org
Sender: manet-bounces@ietf.org

Hello,

In my humble opinion though to say MANET is a layer 3 issue is mainly over
simplistic. IEEE 802.11 ("WiFi") or 802.16 (ver. a adapts better to the concept
of MANET, although more accurately speaking is a mesh concept) can not be the
ultimate (particullarly MAC) approach. MANETs is an *all layer* issue (and I am
not necessarily referring to cross-layer design :) ).

Best Regards,

Carlos Rentel