Re: [manet] Question about OLSRv2 link metric implementation

Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org> Thu, 10 May 2012 10:04 UTC

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 12:04:43 +0200
To: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com>
Cc: "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] Question about OLSRv2 link metric implementation

I do agree with Chris - I've got about 5 other I-Ds taking cycles right now, so I do not have a good idea - but will think about it once they're out the door.

That said, I do think that it is a good initiative, Henning, and I would encourage (and offer assistance on) production of an ETX metric for OLSRv2.

I also would very much encourage documenting "The FunkFeuer Exeperience" in an informational RFC; I believe that as you guys have an operational, large and long-standing MANET running, it'd be valuable information for others deploying such networks. Thus, 100% support from me on that also.

Best,

Thomas