[MBONED] Kathleen Moriarty's Discuss on draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-11: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com> Tue, 10 October 2017 19:48 UTC

From: Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp@ietf.org, mboned-chairs@ietf.org, tim.chown@jisc.ac.uk, mboned@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:48:57 -0700
Subject: [MBONED] Kathleen Moriarty's Discuss on draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-11: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp-11: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-interdomain-peering-bcp/

DISCUSS:

Thanks for your work on this draft.  I'd like to see some text clarifications
on security recommendations that should not be difficult to resolve.

Section 4.4 - the exchange of supporting information could be sensitive, are
there security requirements on the exchange?  I don’t see them in this section.

Section 6 - For the following text, it would be helpful to see some
recommendations:
   “DRM and Application Accounting, Authorization and Authentication
   should be the responsibility of the multicast application source
   provider and/or AD-1. AD-1 needs to work out the appropriate
   agreements with the source provider.”

COMMENT:

I agree with and support Alissa's Discuss and comments.  Since she already
holds a discuss on this point, here are my comments: Section 4.3.3 clearly
refers to different types of logs, some have well known methods of delivery
(syslog) and authentication, but setting a minimum requirement for secure
exchange including encryption and authentication should be included in this
section. The protocols and options may vary between the log types.