Re: [ietf-types] updating the registeration of "MP4A-LATM" and "MP4V-ES" media sutypes.

"Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> Mon, 23 May 2011 07:58 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:55:10 +0900
From: "\"Martin J. Dürst\"" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
To: Roni Even <Even.roni@huawei.com>
Cc: 'Pete Resnick' <presnick@qualcomm.com>, "'Ali C. Begen (abegen)'" <abegen@cisco.com>, ietf-types@iana.org, draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis.all@tools.ietf.org, payload@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ietf-types] updating the registeration of "MP4A-LATM" and "MP4V-ES" media sutypes.

Just some minor nits:

Instead of things like "Security considerations: See Section 9 of this
document." and "Author: See Authors' Address section at the end of this
document." it would be better to replace "this document" with e.g.
something like [RFCxxxx], with an note to the RFC Editor/IANA to replace
[RFCxxxx] with the eventual RFC number. That way, the template can stand
alone.

Also, while "Change controller: IETF Audio/Video Transport working group
delegated from the IESG." is quite a good description of the current
reality, it's not necessarily future-proof. You don't want to go through
the registration process again just because a WG gets closed. These
registrations usually just have "The IETF" as a change controller, with
the implicit assumption that this may involve a WG and the IESG.

Regards,   Martin.