[media-types] [IANA #1360120] application/vnd.msgpack registration request

Amanda Baber via RT <iana-mime-comment@iana.org> Mon, 25 March 2024 19:21 UTC

From: Amanda Baber via RT <iana-mime-comment@iana.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:21:46 +0000
Subject: [media-types] [IANA #1360120] application/vnd.msgpack registration request

Hi Alexey,

We have fragment identifier and change author/change controller responses from the applicant:

===

1) Fragment identifier +msgpack is considered to be used with other
media types to define encoding like +json does (unless specified
otherwise). So "Fragment identifier considerations" section could be
something like this:

The syntax and semantics of fragment identifiers specified for +msgpack
should be as specified for "application/vnd.msgpack"

2) I'm a contributor of MessagePack project, who wanted to resolve the
issue of widespread use of deprecated media types. As the original
MessagePack specification author Sadayuki Furuhashi is inactive for a
while, I don't want to bother him by publishing his contacts. I would
like to include them without that if it's appropriate.

===

thanks,
Amanda