Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB - MS Query Interface

Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com> Fri, 03 August 2007 02:33 UTC

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:33:28 +1000
From: Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com>
To: Chris Boulton <cboulton@ubiquity.net>
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB - MS Query Interface
Cc: mediactrl@ietf.org

Hello Chris,

If you are brain storming for ideas on the sort of information that
would be required then perhaps a few related areas could be of interest.
I'm not advocating copying any of the syntax or techniques in drafts I
reference but they could point to the functionality areas that may be
described.

H.248.9 defines packages for the support of advanced announcement
servers. I'm not proposing you use those packages but they do define
syntax for various capabilities: such determining language / gender /
speed etc. This capabilities would also be relevant for the media
control interface.
H.248.9 can be found at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0706_Gen/H248_9_amm1.zip

A recent amendment has to H.248.9 has been produced introducing
functionality for text to speech, automatic speech recognition and
multimedia announcements. This enhanced functionality has used the work
of W3C to describe what needs to be done. The relevant work here is:
Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML)
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-speech-synthesis-20040907/

Speech recognition grammar specification (SRGS)
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-speech-grammar-20040316/

Extensible multimodal annotation markup language (EMMA)
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-emma-20070409/

H.248.19 also describes audio, video and data conferencing packages.
(http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.248.19/en) this may be of interest for
capabilities.

With regards to different mixing configurations some work has been
completed describing this is in H.248 terms. See:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0706_Gen/H248_51.zip . It
may be of interest for the Media server to report what sort connection
configurations (mixes) they can support.

Which media server has which tones may also be of interest. Sending and
detection of tones is the subject of various H.248 packages.

Sorry for the brain dump, it didn't identify whether its of use to the
query or publish sections, hopefully its of use.

Regards, Christian