RE: [Megaco] Unique key for multiple calls on the same terminatio n?

"Blatherwick, Peter" <Peter_Blatherwick@Mitel.COM> Fri, 27 July 2001 16:53 UTC

From: "Blatherwick, Peter" <Peter_Blatherwick@Mitel.COM>
To: "'r_john@nsimail.com'" <r_john@nsimail.com>, megaco@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Unique key for multiple calls on the same terminatio n?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:33:28 -0400
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

Hmmm...  I don't think I fully understand your issue.

Since the Call Agent / MGC side is in full control over MG operation, I do not see where there should be confusion.  The Transaction id coming back in response to the various Add and Modify commands should clarify in all cases which Context and Termination ids are for what call leg, since these will be related to the Transaction which initiated them.  This sounds like an issue of careful state machine design in the MGC side, not one of protocol or IP Phone's use of the protocol.

(Also, Megaco messages have nothing to do with "call" really, just connections that could correspond to call legs as initiated by the MGC.  The phone does not actually "make a call" at all, the MGC does that, based on events received and signals sent down.  For all the MG knows, it may not call related at all.)

-- Peter