[Megaco] comments about draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt

Fernando Vallejo Lazaro <Fernando.Vallejo_Lazaro@alcatel.es> Tue, 23 April 2002 14:09 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:13:41 +0200
From: Fernando Vallejo Lazaro <Fernando.Vallejo_Lazaro@alcatel.es>
To: Megaco <megaco@ietf.org>
Subject: [Megaco] comments about draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

Hi all,

After this draft I am still missing something...

As RFC2805 states in 11.2.5 the protocol must support:
"   g.   Ability for the MGC to direct the NAS to connect to a specific
        tunnel, for example to an LNS, or to an AAA server."

But I cannot find a way using this package to  indicate (from the MGC to the MG)
the AAA server to use. I think that something like the following should be added
in the BASE NAS PACKAGE:

5.1.3. Authentication server address

PropertyId: aaaaddr

Type: unicast  address, as in SDP

Defined in: Termination state for NAS Termination

Characteristics: read/write

5.1.4. Authentication server port

PropertyId: aaaport

Type: integer

Defined in: Termination state for NAS Termination

Characteristics: read/write

Maybe I am missing something too...
Comments are welcome

Fernando Vallejo