Re: [Megaco] Re: Usage of LocalControl,Local and Remote Descriptors !

Tom Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com> Tue, 04 February 2003 18:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:59:07 -0500
From: Tom Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: Simran Chadha <simran_chadha1@rediffmail.com>
CC: Megaco List <megaco@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Re: Usage of LocalControl,Local and Remote Descriptors !
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

That "cannot not" is a typo -- I'll remove the "not" during the "authors' 48 hours"
interval prior to formal publication as a new RFC.

On your second point: the two paragraphs apply independently to ReserveGroup and
ReserveValue.  That is, it is possible to have ReserveGroup TRUE and ReserveValue
FALSE -- in which case the MG reserves for multiple session descriptions but is
restricted to one codec in each -- or vice versa.  Or both could be TRUE, or both FALSE.

On the third point, the intended meaning would be conveyed by replacing "if it
cannot support any of the alternatives" with "if it can support none of the
alternatives".  Perhaps I can also do that during the "authors' 48 hours" period,
though we would usually do it through the ITU-T Implementor's Guide.

The task of developing an unambiguous protocol specification is not simple.  Your
points have eluded others in the three years since first approval.  Thank you for
your contribution.