Re: Segmentation (was Re: [Megaco] Wildcarded Action Reply)

Aleksandr Ryabin <kengr@winphoria.com> Fri, 19 July 2002 15:10 UTC

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:45:08 -0400
To: vbajaj@hss.hns.com, megaco@ietf.org
From: Aleksandr Ryabin <kengr@winphoria.com>
Subject: Re: Segmentation (was Re: [Megaco] Wildcarded Action Reply)
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

Hi Vikas,

         I did say "I know MGCP is not MEGACO" :)
The point was to show that MGCP follows the route of package to deal with
segmentation and that the basic semantics are similar to proposed "split"
package.
That is using some kind of sequence-number/identifier/handle/or-something-to-
indicate-segmentation control size of replies as well as provide a mechanism
to reassemble multiple transactions which logically belong to one
request/reply.

Thanks
         Aleks