Re: MN-ID extension beyong NAI for PMIPv6 (was: [MEXT] MIP6/NEMO/MONAMI6 WG drafts - Next steps)

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Sun, 25 November 2007 12:53 UTC

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:52:46 +0100
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: Vijay Devarapalli <Vijay.Devarapalli@AzaireNet.com>
Subject: Re: MN-ID extension beyong NAI for PMIPv6 (was: [MEXT] MIP6/NEMO/MONAMI6 WG drafts - Next steps)
Cc: Julien Laganier <julien.IETF@laposte.net>, mext@ietf.org

Vijay Devarapalli wrote:
[...]
> 4283bis - There is no draft on this yet, but a need to update
> 4283 was identified on the NETLMM mailing list and then
> discussed later on the mext mailing list. The update is to
> mainly include other subtypes for MN identifier. For example,
> the MAC address would be the new subtype. Currently the
> document only defines NAI.

I mainly agree with that need.  I'm not sure however on the interactions
with netlmm and pmipv6.  The idea about 4283 potential extension (extend
MN-ID option to include something else than a NAI) that was developped
in the netlmm pmipv6 discussion made a lot of sense to me there.  But
I'm not following anylonger where is the pmipv6 overall mechanism/vision
impacting this.  Maybe 4283bissing discussion should be done there?  I
don't know?

Alex