Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Dan Romascanu's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-19: (with DISCUSS)

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Thu, 16 June 2011 12:07 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:06:59 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk
Cc: mib-doctors@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Dan Romascanu's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-19: (with DISCUSS)

[[DR]] Adrian,

Do you happen to have at hand an example of such a beating in the past?

I agree that the final published version is to be set by the RFC Editor IF they perform any changes during the editing process. However, intermediate versions need to be discriminated as well IMO, and the argument that 'MIB modules in I-Ds are not to be implemented' is a good advice which is not always followed.

MIB Doctors - can you help here with your advice?

Thanks and Regards,

Dan