Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-14: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT) (UNCLASSIFIED)

"Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <robert.g.cole.civ@mail.mil> Wed, 27 June 2012 19:14 UTC

From: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <robert.g.cole.civ@mail.mil>
To: Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@juniper.net>, Ulrich Herberg <ulrich@herberg.name>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:14:16 +0000
Cc: "MIB Doctors (E-mail)" <mib-doctors@ietf.org>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-14: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT) (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Thomas Nadeau [mailto:tnadeau@juniper.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:55 PM
To: Ulrich Herberg; Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)
Cc: MIB Doctors (E-mail); Benoit Claise; adrian@olddog.co.uk
Subject: Re: Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-14: (with

From: Ulrich Herberg <ulrich@herberg.name<mailto:ulrich@herberg.name>>
To: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)"
Cc: Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@juniper.net<mailto:tnadeau@juniper.net>>, "MIB
Doctors (E-mail)" <mib-doctors@ietf.org<mailto:mib-doctors@ietf.org>>,
Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com<mailto:bclaise@cisco.com>>,
"adrian@olddog.co.uk<mailto:adrian@olddog.co.uk>"
<adrian@olddog.co.uk<mailto:adrian@olddog.co.uk>>
DISCUSS and COMMENT) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Bob,

okay, that convinced me.

Only slight disadvantage is that ifType=manet would not correspond to "MANET
interface" according to RFC6130, but to all MANET protocols. The question
would then be, how (and where) is the terminology defined for the "MANET
interface that is not limited to NHDP"? Adrian, any advice on that?

Thomas, would that solution be good for you?

TOM: Yes. This is along the lines of what I suggested earlier.

--Tom

Best
Ulrich

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)