Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Authors and MIB Drs. comments on draft-vkst-mpls-tp-te-mib-00.txt

Venkatesan Mahalingam <Venkatesan.Mahalingam@aricent.com> Mon, 09 May 2011 06:02 UTC

From: Venkatesan Mahalingam <Venkatesan.Mahalingam@aricent.com>
To: Joan Cucchiara <jcucchiara@mindspring.com>, "mib-doctors@ietf.org" <mib-doctors@ietf.org>, "aldrin.ietf@gmail.com" <aldrin.ietf@gmail.com>, "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@lucidvision.com>, Kannan KV Sampath <Kannan.Sampath@aricent.com>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 10:34:55 +0530
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "loa@pi.nu" <loa@pi.nu>
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] Authors and MIB Drs. comments on draft-vkst-mpls-tp-te-mib-00.txt

Hi All,

Yes, the mplsTunnelExtTable is meant for Sparse augmenting the mplsTunnelTable. i.e. Entries will exist in the mplsTunnelExtTable only for MPLS_TP tunnels
 that are based on global ID and Node ID and/or ICC-ID.
This mplsTunnelExtTable is similar to gmplsTunnelEntry specified in RFC4802.

We understand that gmplsTunnelTable is also sparse augmented only for gmpls Tunnels. We understand that RFC4802 is not doing any redefinition of the indices.
Similarly, mplsTunnelExtTable is not meant for redefining the indices.
mplsTunnelExtTable uses the same indices as mplsTunnelTable. Only the meaning of them is interpreted based on mpls-tp-identifier.
Is it possible to explain the reason behind your question "would the indexes redefined for TP be acceptable" ?

Cheers,
Venkat.