RE: [midcom] Re: draft-taylor-midcom-diameter-eval-00.txt

"Joel M. Halpern" <joel@stevecrocker.com> Tue, 23 April 2002 15:52 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:49:08 -0400
To: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>, midcom@ietf.org
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <joel@stevecrocker.com>
Subject: RE: [midcom] Re: draft-taylor-midcom-diameter-eval-00.txt
Sender: midcom-admin@ietf.org

Thank you.  I did not intend to imply that you had not done your homework.
A small explanation of peer-to-peer approach taken by Diameter would go a
long way to addressing my concerns.  If that included some coverage of the
way Diameter views control (which might be absent completely due to the
lack of coverage of state persistence that you mentioned) that would
probably be helpful.

There is an awkward balance to be achieved between avoiding saying too much
on the one hand, as otherwise we have a multiple volume tome, while still
saying enough that those who are not experts in the individual protocols
have enough information to form reasoned judgements.

Yours,
Joel