Re: [mif] Proposal for circumventing Huawei IPR

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Fri, 18 March 2016 00:55 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: Stjepan Groš <stjepan.gros@fer.hr>, "mif@ietf.org" <mif@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 00:55:05 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.0.32.234]
Subject: Re: [mif] Proposal for circumventing Huawei IPR

Stjepan and All,

As the responsible AD I would like this thread to stop here.

A Working Group can either choose to accept (by rough consensus)
technology that is encumbered by IPR or not accept that technology. Once
rough consensus is reached on an IPR disclosure, all WG participants are
expected to abide by that in dealing with the encumbered technology in the
WG.

The WG reached rough consensus in November 2015 to drop
draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support
(https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-dhcp-support-02.txt) with the
IPR claim at https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2648/

Any participant may suggest new alternative technologies for the WG to
consider via the known methods.

Cheers
Terry