Re: [mif] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-02.txt

<teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> Tue, 12 April 2011 12:06 UTC

From: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
To: mif@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:05:49 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.162.157.91]
Subject: Re: [mif] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-02.txt

Hi,

This version includes following main updates (also some lesser):
- 3.1 comment that updated hosts can talk directly to correct DNS servers. This relates to comment: "what if in new option only suffixes were communicated to hosts, not IP addresses of DNS servers". Plain suffixes would essentially mandate DNS proxy on the gateway that would then forward the questions to correct places. Better not mandate such proxy, I think.
- 4.3. Limitations of use section, quite significant
- Appendix B: Use of different trust anchors for choosing between different validated answers is now here

DHCPv4 is not described as I don't see yet WG consensus for having, or not having, it.

	Teemu