Re: [mif] Default Route with DHCPv6 on a single-egress-interfaced Mobile Router

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Thu, 16 September 2010 17:02 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:02:35 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: Hui Deng <denghui02@gmail.com>
Cc: mif@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mif] Default Route with DHCPv6 on a single-egress-interfaced Mobile Router

Le 13/09/2010 16:31, Hui Deng a écrit :
> Hello Alex,
> Before discussion, just wondering whether you have read the draft before
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dec-dhcpv6-route-option-03
> Whether this draft solve your issue or not?

In a sense, yes, it does solve in a way the issue: I need a default
route on a Mobile Router at home and that draft could deliver it.  I may
have comments on it.

> People from different drafts are working on the merged solution recently,

Hmm... which solution and how recent?  Do you mean that authors of
draft-dec-dhcpv6-route-option-03 and of
draft-droms-dhc-dhcpv6-default-router-00 are about to write a common
draft?  I am not aware of it.  If and when that happens I am interested
to comment on it.

Alex