[mile] Ben Campbell's Abstain on draft-ietf-mile-implementreport-09: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Wed, 29 June 2016 02:01 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:01:12 -0700
Cc: mile@ietf.org, mile-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-mile-implementreport@ietf.org, mile-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [mile] Ben Campbell's Abstain on draft-ietf-mile-implementreport-09: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-implementreport-09: Abstain

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-implementreport/

COMMENT:

I'm going to have to agree with Alvaro on this one. I do not understand
the purpose of publishing this, since it seems to be a snapshot of an
moving target. It will be out of date very quickly. I don't see how that
is helpful, and can imagine it might be harmful if future readers treat
this as current information.  A paragraph or two about why is valuable as
an RFC might help.

This is reminiscent of an RFC 6982 "implementation status section", but
that RFC explicitly recommends such sections be removed before
publication.

In any case, I also cannot load the page referenced at the end of section
1. Hopefully that's a transient problem, but please make sure at the end
of section 1 works prior to publication.  (And hopefully forever if the
resulting RFC continues to reference it.)