Re: [mile] [sacm] New draft for review and comment: draft-field-mile-rolie-00.txt

"Chandrashekhar B" <bchandra@secpod.com> Fri, 14 December 2012 08:10 UTC

From: Chandrashekhar B <bchandra@secpod.com>
To: "'Field, John'" <johnp.field@emc.com>, 'Luis Nunez' <lnunez@c3isecurity.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:39:49 +0530
Cc: mile@ietf.org, sacm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mile] [sacm] New draft for review and comment: draft-field-mile-rolie-00.txt

Reopening an old thread...

>The issues that would need to be resolved include making the authentication
to the scaprepo seamless >(possible, at least in principal, using existing
Web Single Sign On protocols) and dealing with differences in >interaction
style...for example, I notice that scaprepo seems to prefer the use of POST
for all operations >(including a read operation).  As a general rule, it is
best to support GET for read operations, and reserve POST >for write
operations.  But, this is a relatively minor issue at this point.  The more
important point is that by >using a REST approach such an integration would
become possible, and that would be of benefit to users >dealing with
indicators, incident response, and assessment and compliance, etc....we
could tie it all together >quite nicely.

We have now addressed these concerns in SCAP Repo's web service interface.
The authentication and authorization rely on an HTTP Authorization header
containing an optional authorization assertion. I say optional because that
is to be used by subscribers.

Also, all the interfaces are now HTTP GET based.

The interface document is available here:
https://www.scaprepo.com/SCAPRepoWebService and the client SDK can be
downloaded from https://www.scaprepo.com

Appreciate your feedback!

Chandra.