Re: [mile] Clarifying iodef:SoftwareType (Issue #47)

"Takeshi Takahashi" <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp> Wed, 25 March 2015 09:41 UTC

From: Takeshi Takahashi <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp>
To: Jerome Athias <athiasjerome@gmail.com>, "Roman D. Danyliw" <rdd@cert.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 04:39:38 -0500
Cc: mile@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mile] Clarifying iodef:SoftwareType (Issue #47)

Hi,

As a person who had engaged in IODEF-SCI, I would be happy if we can use
IODEF-SCI.
(It does not mean I am objecting any other options for this issue.)

I was planning to propose some minor changes after the IODEF-bis is
finalized.
So, if some changes to IODEF-SCI may help here, I am happy to do so.
The current IODEF-SCI (RFC 7203) was made for IODEF v1, and it anyway needs
some small changes to cope with IODEF-bis.

The current IODEF-SCI defines one basic structure, and it is used by its
inherited classes: AttackPattern, Platform, Vulnerability, Scoring,
Weakness, EventReport, Verification, or Remediation classe.
The structure of all these classes are more-or-less the same as the basic
structure, but the location to use them are restricted.
If it helps, we could for instance remove these inherited classes and just
define the basic structure so that it can be used by any of the
AdditionalData class inside IODEF document.
In this way, we do not have to re-invent new data model for this discussion.

Kind regards,
Take