Re: [mile] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-murillo-mile-cps-00.txt

Martin Murillo <murillo@ieee.org> Wed, 29 January 2014 01:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:10:46 -0500
From: Martin Murillo <murillo@ieee.org>
To: "Johnson, Blake" <BlakeJohnson@alliantenergy.com>, Jerome Athias <athiasjerome@gmail.com>
Cc: "mile@ietf.org" <mile@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mile] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-murillo-mile-cps-00.txt

Have read the links posted by Jerome and info on the Experience Sharing
Tool (EST). It is my impression that a revision under the light of the
EST would be very appropriate, and one of the first uses of the
extension, given its report-based nature.  Look forward to seeing the
reviews in this light.

As Jerome mentioned, focusing on referencing already existing taxonomies
(and when necessary reusing them and referencing their xml
implementations, if publicly available) would be the best approach;
given the early stages in the field, I tend to think that atomic data
will need to be used.

Regarding the term "Asset" vs "System", I believe system provides a more
general connotation, while asset, seem to focus more on mainstream
infrastructure; because the inclusion of IoT-related infrastructure
(anywhere from centralized home control to self-driving cars), I wonder
whether "Asset" is too an specific term.

Martin

Martin