Re: [Mip4] WGLC for draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt

Christophe Janneteau <Christophe.Janneteau@motorola.com> Wed, 26 September 2007 12:13 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:13:28 +0200
From: Christophe Janneteau <Christophe.Janneteau@motorola.com>
To: McCann Peter-A001034 <pete.mccann@motorola.com>, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip4] WGLC for draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt
Cc: mip4@ietf.org

Hi All,

Responding to this WGLC:

I support the advancement of draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-02.txt to the
IESG with a request for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

I have only one minor comment:

The first paragraph in the introduction reads

"This draft addresses only co-located Care-of Address mode (not Foreign
Agent Care-of Address mode, for which the gentle reader is directed to
[1])."

While later section 3 lists the following requirement

"The Mobile Network should be supported using Foreign Agents that are
compliant to RFC 3344 without any changes ('legacy' Foreign Agents)."

and the document do specifies support for such 'legacy' Foreign Agents
using the "double tunnelling" technique.

I would thus propose to adapt the sentence in the first paragraph of the
introduction to indicate that both co-located Care-of Address mode and
Foreign Agent Care-of Address mode (with RFC 3344 compliant FAs) are
supported.

In addition, _if_ reference to [1] (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-fa-01.txt) is
to be kept, I would propose to clarify that this draft [1] relates to an
optimization of the NEMOv4 base spec for removing the need for double
encapsulation when a foreign agent is used [At the expense of
introducing extensions in the FA.]

Christophe