RE: [Mip4] review of draft-nakhjiri-radius-mip4-01.txt

"Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1" <Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com> Tue, 27 September 2005 15:42 UTC

Subject: RE: [Mip4] review of draft-nakhjiri-radius-mip4-01.txt
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:42:29 -0400
From: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com>
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, mip4@ietf.org
Cc: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com>, "Kent Leung \\(kleung\\)" <kleung@cisco.com>, Kuntal Chowdhury <kuntal15@yahoo.com>, Avi Lior <avi@bridgewatersystems.com>
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Jari,

Sorry for the very late reply.
Thank you very much for your comments and corrections. I corrected all the typos and RFC references.

As far as RADIUS-Diameter interworking, I went through the Diameter-MIP application and re-used most of the AVPs defined by the specification, to the extent possible, so attribute-AVP translation should be minimal. However, given that we don't have the Diameter messages (AMR, AMA and so on), the messaging may need some mapping. We can add the message mapping in the text if you like, that should be straightforward.

Key-wise the two solutions are supposed to be the same, however, we will appreciate an Diameter-MIP expert review at some point in the future.
This draft is headed toward RADEXT after it receives MIP WG approval early next year.

Thanks again,
Madjid