[Mip4] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-09]

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Mon, 18 February 2008 07:40 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:40:15 +0100
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
Subject: [Mip4] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-09]
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

Dear MIP4 WG,

Following IANA and IESG review I submitted a new version of this draft.
  The main modifications are corrections on Code behaviour, a new
extended Introduction section and a enhanced encoding of the Prefix
fields (now it includes a non-contiguous netmask as well) and mentioning
of manageability of Mobile Routers.

The included Change Log is:
>   From draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-08.txt to
>    draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-v4-base-09.txt, following IANA and IESG
>    comments:
>
>    o  Introduced an Optional Netmask field in both registrations and
>       replies.  This is used when address/prefixlength is not a
>       sufficient expression of network mask, for example when the subnet
>       mask needs to be expressed as a non-contiguous set of 1bits (e.g.
>       255.255.0.255).  Also described the reasoning of this in a section
>       of its own.
>
>    o  Extended the Introduction section with two subsections: example of
>       mobile network and overall protocol operation.  Illustrated two
>       figures.
>
>    o  Added Local Fixed Node term definition and some citations to
>       reference rfc4885 "Network Mobility Support Terminology".
>
>    o  Clarified text about the Code field.  There are two Code fields:
>       one in Registration Reply header (the Code proper) and one in the
>       Mobile Network Extension header.  Also clarified conditions of
>       proper Code being 0 successful and and relationships of proper
>       Code 0 to Code in the Mobile Network Extension.
>
>    o  Added a sub-section 'Mobile Router Management' about the initial
>       configuration, ongoing supervision and management indicators of a
>       Mobile Router and Home Agent.
>
>    o  Substituted 'MOBNET_UNAUTHORIZED' for 'MOBNET_UNAUTHORIZED_MR'.
>
>    o  Substituted 'IANA to assign rules' for 'IANA to modify rules'.
>
>    o  Stressed that "applications that do not support MTU discovery are
>       adversely affected by the additional header encapsulations,
>       because the usable MTU is reduced with each level of nesting."
>
>    o  Removed citations and reference to rfc3344bis
>       (draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-05).
>
>    o  Removed citations and reference to rfc2434bis
>       (draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-08).
>
>    o  Extended the Acknowledgements section.

Alex