Re: [dhcwg] RE: [Mip6] [Updated] DHCP Option for Home Information Discovery inMIPv6

"Gerardo Giaretta" <gerardo.giaretta@gmail.com> Wed, 21 June 2006 08:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:17:35 +0200
From: Gerardo Giaretta <gerardo.giaretta@gmail.com>
To: Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] RE: [Mip6] [Updated] DHCP Option for Home Information Discovery inMIPv6
Cc: mip6@ietf.org, dhcwg@ietf.org, Heejin Jang <heejin.jang@samsung.com>

Alper,

just one question below in order to understand if there is a real
technical reason to keep the docs separated..

> > > But I hope this data point helps: WiMAX Forum NWG architecture is using
> > > draft-jang.
> >
> > in what context and how are they planning to use it?
>
> The MIP info is brought to the DHCP server via RADIUS and delivered to the
> MN via DHCP.

Can you please explain which are the technical differences between the
solution in the DT draft for integrated scenario and the solution
developped in WiMAX?

I guess in WiMAX MIP info are brought to DHCP relay (i.e. NAS) and
then draft-jang is applied. Is this really different from what is
described in the DT draft?

--Gerardo