Re: [Mip6] about DSMIPv6

Koshiro MITSUYA <mitsuya@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Mon, 20 March 2006 20:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:51:28 +0900
From: Koshiro MITSUYA <mitsuya@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To: "Soliman, Hesham" <hsoliman@qualcomm.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip6] about DSMIPv6
Cc: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@point6.net>, Hesham Soliman <H.Soliman@flarion.com>, Koshiro MITSUYA <mitsuya@sfc.wide.ad.jp>, mip6@ietf.org

Hi Hesham,

I am not sure whether it's just an implementation issues.  But putting
the mapped address in the address list in order to process the DSMIP
IPv6 header means the mapped address may be chosen as a source address
even the address is actually not routable.  To avoid this, we need
e.g. an additional flag to distinguish the mapped address from others.
I think some implementers will not accept this.

The above is not only the reason again the mapped address in the IPv6
header.  Please refer the draft-*-harmful.  So, my idea is to put HoA
in IPv6 header and kind of IPv4 CoA option to idicate it's IPv4 CoA.

BTW, if you just want to keep the packer format, I think it's better
to use compatible address, or 6to4 address, or newly-defined address
for this purpose.

regards,
Koshiro