Re: [Mip6] Issue 73: v4 mapped address in IPv6 header

Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iijlab.net> Tue, 27 February 2007 05:17 UTC

From: Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iijlab.net>
Subject: Re: [Mip6] Issue 73: v4 mapped address in IPv6 header
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:17:23 +0900
To: Vijay Devarapalli <vijay.devarapalli@azairenet.com>

Hello all,

I agree with Vijay.

IPv4 mapped address is defined as the interface between applications
and IP stack, if I understand correctly.  I guess most of the IP
stack don't handle IPv4 mapped address at IP level, even though the
OS provides the IPv4 mapped address interface to its applications.

I think processing the IPv4 care-of address option is similar to that
of the alternate care-of address option, and simpler to implement
than adding IPv4 mapped address care-of address support.

Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <keiichi@iijlab.net>