Re: [MEXT] Home Link Detection [Fwd: I-DAction:draft-krishnan-mext-hld-01.txt]

<jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com> Wed, 02 April 2008 22:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:25:18 +0200
From: jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com
To: julien.IETF@laposte.net, mext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEXT] Home Link Detection [Fwd: I-DAction:draft-krishnan-mext-hld-01.txt]
Sender: mext-bounces@ietf.org

Suresh, Julien,

The MN might also configure the IPv6 address the MIP6 client
sees using e.g. IKEv2 (in a case of a remote VPN access and
assuming MIP6 is run on top of this VPN tunnel, which is
possible). In that case the CMA is learned via IKEv2 signaling,
and the CLPL is updated accordingly based on  the configured
IPv6 address and its prefix (e.g. from the IKEv2 INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS
payload).

IMHO, it might be better not to define the MN operation on
how CMA and CLPL get populated. Just assume they exist
somehow. The last 5 bullets in section 4 are fine with
Julien's changes.

What do you think?

Cheers,
	Jouni