RE: [nemo] Re: [Mip6] Consensus call on making IDdraft-wakikawa-nemo-v4tunnel a MIP6/NEMO WGs document

"Davis, Terry L" <terry.l.davis@boeing.com> Fri, 01 April 2005 13:13 UTC

Subject: RE: [nemo] Re: [Mip6] Consensus call on making IDdraft-wakikawa-nemo-v4tunnel a MIP6/NEMO WGs document
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:17:08 -0800
From: "Davis, Terry L" <terry.l.davis@boeing.com>
To: carlw@mcsr-labs.org, Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>, Vijay Devarapalli <vijayd@iprg.nokia.com>
Cc: nemo@ietf.org, mip6@ietf.org, ryuji@sfc.wide.ad.jp, Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
Sender: mip6-bounces@ietf.org

Carl

Amen!!!

I would be very interested if your requirement were in place: "One
requirement that I believe is highly desirable is the ease of deployment
of a solution that enables Mobile IPv6 traversal in IPv4 networks."

This would allow us to consider v6 for the mobile platform without
worrying about installing a full global v6 infrastructure to support
them.

Sri/Vijay

And I'd sure like it if the discussion considered options to "home
agents".  I fail to comprehend how I move state for routing, QoS,
security, and capacity for hundreds of users/applications on mobile
platforms around on a global scale through home agents, especially if
I'm joining someone else's network (i.e. one airport to the next).

Try imagining teleporting an engineering building from your corporate
campus instantly onto the campus of your biggest competitor and have all
network connections maintained, your VPN's not dropped, routing continue
un-interrupted, security maintained, QoS maintained, and you have
equivalent network capacity.  This is what we are beginning to try to do
with large mobile platforms today.  Now I don't honestly believe we can
achieve all of this; but it seems like this should be our goal.

Take care

Terry Davis
Connexion by Boeing