Re: [Mipshop] NS-NA Exchange in draft-vidya-mipshop-handover-keys-aaa-01

Vidya Narayanan <narayan.vidya@gmail.com> Fri, 16 December 2005 18:01 UTC

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:31:49 +0530
From: Vidya Narayanan <narayan.vidya@gmail.com>
To: Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de>
Subject: Re: [Mipshop] NS-NA Exchange in draft-vidya-mipshop-handover-keys-aaa-01
Cc: julien.bournelle@int-evry.fr, Mipshop <mipshop@ietf.org>, gerardo.giaretta@telecomitalia.it, Vidya Narayanan <vidya@motorola.com>, Hannes.Tschofenig@siemens.com, narayanan.venkitaraman@motorola.com
Sender: mipshop-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Christian,
Thanks for providing comments on this issue. Actually, optimistic DAD
will not work in this case as you said. Also, the threats of ND can't
really be solved without SEND.

We have been having an offline discussion on whether or not the CoA
validation is even in the scope of the draft. The thought is that this
is typically not a AAA issue - so, perhaps we can mention it in the
security considerations section and leave it at that. Short of CGAs, a
clean solution for this is not available.

We are waiting for Jari and Mohan to review and give us comments. If
you have any comments on the scope of this, please let us know.

Thanks,
Vidya