RE: HMIPv6 Security Model (Was Re: [Mipshop] Extension of the WG Last Callondraft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis-00.txt)

"Hesham Soliman" <Hesham@elevatemobile.com> Wed, 29 August 2007 00:22 UTC

From: Hesham Soliman <Hesham@elevatemobile.com>
To: "'Narayanan, Vidya'" <vidyan@qualcomm.com>, 'Vijay Devarapalli' <vijay.devarapalli@AzaireNet.com>
Subject: RE: HMIPv6 Security Model (Was Re: [Mipshop] Extension of the WG Last Callondraft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis-00.txt)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:22:33 +1000
Cc: mipshop@ietf.org, draft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis@tools.ietf.org

Actually, I think the misunderstanding is deeper than that. HMIPv6 never
assumed a particular authorisatiom model because it never needed that. We
made it very clear when 4140 was published that a form of oppotunistic IPsec
would suffice. However, some people wanted a particular deployment model
which required authorisation certs ....etc.

So, the point to know here is that the authorisation requirements are
**deployment** security models and *not* HMIPv6 security models. The
protocol security is fine with any of those options.

Hesham