Re: [mmox] mmox Digest, Vol 1, Issue 163

"dyerbrookme@juno.com" <dyerbrookme@juno.com> Thu, 26 February 2009 22:35 UTC

From: "dyerbrookme@juno.com" <dyerbrookme@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:33:51 +0000
To: mmox@ietf.org
Cc: mmox@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mmox] mmox Digest, Vol 1, Issue 163

David Levin says:

"We often speak of Simulators, Avatars, Regions, Assets and so
forth, for the moment, I'm going to keep those terms off the table to think about the problem in its more general form."

*notes the moment at which the concept of private property and individual rights begins to erode due to "expediency" and the ostensible needs to "shift the language" to "cooperation"*

Avatars as expressions of human beings with rights, regions as expressions of natural geographical contiguity appreciated by those humans, and assets as expressions of property owned by humans with intellectual and private property rights -- these are all good things. There's nothing wrong with the terms or their associations.

Once you change this to "Experience Space for Logged-on Entities in Persistent Viewing Zones with Transmissable Data" you are well on the way to -- well, some sort of ism or another, perhaps communism, perhaps Extropianism.

Prokofy Neva

Click for an affordable Health Insurance plan that fits your needs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTIn7LHtxI3qUgaNEf5BUJ2j8BHnz3DhQkYPUwY1JZYysiU68M7u7W/