draft-taylor-mmusic-multev-00 (was Re: [MMUSIC] Revised agenda for Prague meeting)

"Tom-PT Taylor" <taylor@nortel.com> Wed, 07 March 2007 15:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:52:37 -0500
From: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortel.com>
To: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: draft-taylor-mmusic-multev-00 (was Re: [MMUSIC] Revised agenda for Prague meeting)

I'll make the sacrifice. draft-taylor-mmusic-multev-00 is an attempt to fix a
backward compatibility issue with RFC 4733 (the rewritten RFC 2833). RFC 4733
allows senders to pack multiple event reports into one RTP packet. An RFC 2833
receiver wouldn't be able to decipher the contents. The draft introduces an SDP
attribute to signal the capability, so the two ends can agree on whether it
should be used. We'll probably look to make this an AVT WG draft, but does
anyone in MMUSIC see a problem with it?