Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-qos-identification-03.txt

"Ingemar Johansson S" <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com> Wed, 10 December 2008 06:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:37:07 +0100
From: Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com>
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-qos-identification-03.txt
Sender: mmusic-bounces@ietf.org

Hi

I would say that it is possible to use SDPCapNeg even though I don't
really see any big use for involving it.

Anyway..a simple example would look like

m=video 54320 RTP/AVP 0
a=tcap:1 RTP/AVPF RTP/AVP
a=acap:1 qos-mech-send: rsvp nsis
a=acap:2 qos-mech-recv: rsvp nsis
a=pcfg:1 t=2|1 a=1,2

The SDP answer may look like
m=video 54320 RTP/AVPF 0
a=qos-mech-send: nsis
a=qos-mech-recv: nsis
a=pcfg:1 t=2 a=1,2

One issue may be one of those famous middleboxes that may want to strip
away either rsvp or nsis along the path. In principle it should be OK
for a SDPCapNeg aware middlebox to modify the a=acap lines. An SDPCapNeg
unaware middle box is more troublesome.

That said, I really don't think that one need to use SDPCapNeg for this
purpose, if SDPMedCapNeg is also used there may in theory be use cases
where one wish to offer different resource reservation for different
codec(alternatives), it sounds a little odd though..

My 99 cents
/Ingemar