Re: [MMUSIC] Media level ice-options attribute

Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org> Thu, 31 March 2011 13:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:33:47 +0200
From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org>
To: Flemming Andreasen <fandreas@cisco.com>
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Media level ice-options attribute

On 03/30/2011 11:22 AM, Flemming Andreasen wrote:
>   Hi Marc
>
> Is there any particular reason why you want to redefine the existing ice-options
> attribute rather than defining a new media-level attribute, e.g. "ice-m-options"
> that has the semantics you are looking for here ? My main concern is backwards
> compatibility and possible semantic confusion, especially once we start
> considering interaction with other SDP extensions.

That's a possibility, but you still want to require all future new session-level
a=ice-options attribute definitions to provide an algorithm to aggregate the
media-level a=ice-m-options attributes.  Using the same name could help future
reviewers.

--
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: marc@petit-huguenin.org